In accordance with the Firearms Act, a new firearms safety course focusing on restricted firearms (primarily handguns) was developed and implemented on February 1, 1999. The legislation stipulates that individuals wishing to acquire restricted and/or prohibited firearms must take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests OR challenge and pass the CFSC and the CRFSC tests without taking either course. Topics covered in the CRFSC include:
- The evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- Basic firearms safety practices;
- Operating handgun actions;
- Firing techniques and procedures for handguns;
- Care of restricted firearms;
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
- Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms.
NOTE: You must have completed and passed CFSC (Canadian Firearms Safety Course) and provide a proof (Copy of Course Report or Non Restricted PAL) in order to register for this course.
Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC)
|Location:||Unit 103, 8363 128 Street
Surrey, BC, V3W 4G1
|Dates:||Click Register Now to see available dates|
|Time:||08:30 – 17:00|
$110 + GST